Days & Nights of Natalie

Thursday, July 21, 2005

12 hours

In 12 hours I go under for my surgery. I am having oral surgery to remove three wisdom teeth and one 12 year molar. I have not slept well at all. I am scared. I know...I know...everyday thousands of people have these kind of procedures done and are just fine. I am scared...very scared of needles and IVs. (You can imagine what I was like during my pregnancy, where I was in and out of the hospital all of the time. Every time I had to go to the hospital I had blood drawn and IVs inserted.) I know that in order to make my overall health better I have to have this surgery done. I have been in bed for most of the past few weeks. My teeth have been causing migrane headaches, infections, and many other health problems. I did not know that teeth could cause such bad problems. I also really don't want Kelly's mom to see how the apartment looks. I have been in bed for weeks. Every time I would try to get up and straighten up the apartment, I would either end up in some much pain I would cry or come dangerously close to passing out. I did pass out twice but did not tell Kelly. Now he knows. I worry how long it will take for me to get back to my energetic self. All of this started right around the end of last month. I know this, because during the fourth of July every one kept asking if I was okay and if my headache was back or worse. By the fourth, I had been in bed for a few days or more. The first headache came when the dog was in the vet hospital. I thought it was just stress. Then the dog was released from the hospital and I was still suffering from the headaches. It was on the fourth of July that my teeth first started to really hurt. By the end of the week I needed antibiotics badly. The beginning of the next week Kelly made an appointment for me with his dentist. I went to him and he flat out told me that I would need an oral surgeon. He recommended two and I went the first one with an opening. He has turned out to be an excellent doctor. I will find out in less than 12 hours on how he is as a surgeon. Time to try to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home