Days & Nights of Natalie

Monday, June 13, 2005

My upcoming wedding

I am so (very) thankful for Ronni. She has been a god send. She has been so very helpful with planning my wedding and getting everything together. She has even offered to help make some of the clothes to help save on costs. We have not heard back on Kelly's original groom's outfit. So we are going with Kilts. The really cool thing about this, is that all of the guys can wear their clan's tartan, if they want. Kelly wants to just go to Wal-mart and get a plaid fabric. I have not had the heart to tell him that Wal-mart does not carry the correct kind of fabric for a kilt. He will read that on here. So I am going to see if their are any stores in Houston (or the surrounding area) that carries kilts or tartan material. Plus this is our wedding. I really wish that he gave a damn about it. It really does hurt that he does not care. I have told him, Julie, and Ronni why I enjoy being around Ronni and getting her opinion (and help) right now. She is the only as excited about the wedding as I am. Julie is my matron-of-honor. She has alot going on in her life right now. So it is hard for her to do much with the wedding. Ronni and Betsy are my bride's maids. Betsy lives in Midland, so she is a bit far to do much at this point. She is coming down this way soon and will help us then. I knew that she was in Midland and really was not expecting help from her. I just really wanted for her to be in the wedding. I, also, was not expecting help from Ronni. I was just hoping that she would be in the wedding with us. (Her and her husband, Mike [who is also in the wedding], have been my friends for over 11 years, and Kelly's friends alot longer than that.) So I can not explain how much it has means to me that Ronni has been so helpful. Kelly's best man is Adam. His groom's men are Kenny and Mike. The flower girl is Elisabeta, my daughter. The ring bearer is Ben, Ronni's and Mike's son. The wedding is November 6 at 11:30. It is taking place at the Texas Rennaisance Festival. This is my first and only wedding. Period. It is Kelly's second wedding (and marriage). Everyone has said that his first marriage was doomed from the get-go and they all knew it would not make it. That is sad that everyone has said that. Well I stand corrected. Adam and his wife, Laurie, just don't talk about it. They were friends with both. So they don't just don't say anything about it. I respect that. (I am not feeling well at all, either. No one in the house is feeling well. Even Tiger has a running nose, that has been causing him to get sick.) I have been doing alot of searching and (unfortnately) buying stuff for the wedding. The really scary thing is, I really do love doing it. I love the searching and finding...the knowing that I am doing this for my wedding. I am actually getting married. This is the first time in my life that I am sure I want to marry someone. I want to marry Kelly Hawkins. In less than five months, I will be Mrs. Hawkins. I have been Miss Gruber for thirty years. I am very excited.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger zhsy00001 said…

    It isn't that I don't care. It is that I don't get it. I'm lost. I have no idea what you are asking me. I have no idea what to say that won't piss you off.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Celtic Gypsy said…

    I am human. I will get upset from time to time. I am not feeling well and trying to plan a wedding and trying to get our home together and maintain it and RAISE a child and be your wife and etc...
    I need more energy. I need more strength. I need a hug. When are you going to see a doctor for your being sick. Huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home