Days & Nights of Natalie

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I was a boyscout...

Yes, I was once a boyscout. I am not now. (I am 30 years old.) I was in the Explorers, #911. We met in a volunteer fire department, in Alief. The Explorers are part of the boyscouts. Plus, when I was a little girl my parents tried to put me in the girlscouts. The first we went camping, I knew it was not going to work. We went camping in cabins and all of the leaders (and many of the girls) brought their make-up, curling irons, etc. THAT IS NOT CAMPING! THAT IS NOT ROUGHING IT OUT IN THE WILDERNESS! When I got home, I told my parents I did not want to go back. I told them I wanted to join the boyscouts. They told me I couldn't, I wasn't a boy. I was so happy to find out about the Explorers. The funniest thing happened at the Boyscout Convention. The hand out scavenger hunt sheets to the younger boyscouts. One of the requests on this sheet is, "Find a female boyscout and get her to sign this sheet with her troop number." At that point in time, I knew at least twenty female boyscouts that were at the convention. During the day we had tallied up how many times we were each asked to sign the sheets. At the end of the day, I had been asked the most. This was only because of the fact that the dads kept sending them to me. Keep in mind that this was the point in time that I was a size one with a 32DD chest. What was really funny was this one little boy. He walked up to my (guy) friend and asked him how to find a girl boyscout. My friend pointed over to me (and another girl boyscout) and said, "look for the girls in the Explorer shirts like that." The little boy walks up and says, "You are for sure a giirrrlllll boyscout. Your boobies are bigger than my mommy's. Can you sign my paper?" I signed his paper. I could not say a single word and was very bright red. But, I signed his paper. I then went for a long walk outside, with my friend. She, by the way, could not stop laughing at me for at least fifteen minutes straight...and she laughed at (for the rest of the day) any time a boy asked me to sign his sheet. I must admit that I loved being a boyscout. I still love camping and all that cool (guy) stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home