Days & Nights of Natalie

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Something you don't know about me...

***I love to listen to NPR. When I was homeless, people (in the churches we stayed) were completely dumbfounded at that fact. I had a Hello Kitty (shower) radio (that I hung from my cot) that I would listen to NPR. When they held conversations with me, they were surprised that I was so well versed and loved to read, novels. They (like a lot of people) thought that all homeless people were uneducated, and they never listened to anything like NPR. I made a friend, who came into the program two weeks after I did, Marissa. She and I had a lot of things in common. We both would listen to NPR. We both loved to read. We are both smart. We both had family that didn't (really) care, was just too far away, or we lost touch with. We even had similar childhoods. We both had a two year old to care for and no home. My two year old was a girl, and her two year was a boy. (They became best-friends, and they even went to the same day-care.) She was pregnant, with a girl. That was the big difference between us. If it was not for her friendship I don't know if I could have made it through that time. We both even moved into homes within two weeks of each other. (I miss her.) We were both treated differently from the others. We were different from the others. (Now that I think about it.) This time last year, we were homeless. We worried about our children's Christmas. We worried about finding homes in time. (In the program, that we were in, there is a 90 day time limit. This may sound mean, but it is necessary. There are people that will take advantage of anyone. I met people like that. They truly try to help the people that are trying to help (and better) themselves.)
***I edit almost everything I read. This is just a natural thing for me. I have actually been trying to break myself of it. When I am on an instant messenger, I go nuts. I can not edit everything and keep up in the conversation.
***I spell check all of the time. If you ever get anything from me not spell checked (or edited), I was falling asleep or helping Elle.
***I wear glasses to read.
***I love hot showers, but I don't like hot weather. I love cool and cold weather.
***I need it to be cold to sleep. Then I have layers of blankets I sleep under. Well, lately I have a sheet, two blankets, and a comforter. Oh yes, Kelly added another comforter. I have to sleep with my feet hanging out of the bed. That second comforter was too much.
***I am a night person and have always been. Don't take me wrong. I think that the daytime is lovely. I just have a hard time sleeping at night. I have even tried to change my sleep routine. It just naturally goes back. I have people mad at me because I am awake at night and sleep during the day. Please keep in mind that I wake up with my daughter. I do not sleep all day. I am up around 11:00 or earlier.
***I love historical romances. These writers really do study history to write the stories. Yes, the romance part is nice. I like learning about new places and times. I am drawn to the historical romances for that reason. I like all kinds of romances and thriller novels.
***My favorite authors are Deborah Simmons and Nora Roberts. I like a lot of different authors, but those two are my favorite.
***I love (and collect) princess and mythological Barbies (and other dolls.)
***I love dragonflies. They are beautiful creatures, with an amazing purpose.
***I am bad with words. (I may good at editing other people, but bad with words.) I can not explain things to save my life.
***I have to use a cane sometimes to walk. I have arthritis, and I have had it my whole life.
***I hate to cook, but love cooking. I don't like having to cook. Sometimes, I get into a mood where I want to cook. When I am in this mood, I generally want to cook a lot and love cooking.
***There are very few alcoholic beverages I like. Most of them taste bad to me. I like Raspberry Mead.
***I have a strong desire to paint (again)...own the tools...too scared to actually do it.
***I eat cheese with yellow mustard and pickles with sea salt.
***My favorite colors are Dark (Forest) Green and Purple, especially Lavender.
***I have always tried to design my kitchen in Cobalt Blue, White, Black, and Silver. I would design my bathroom in Dark Green and Burgundy. (Well, at least when I was single. Now my kitchen is [mostly] White, and my bathroom is Rose and Cream.)
***I keep watching movies off of the movie junkie list. I want to watch more movies that my friends have watched. This is mostly due to the fact that I want to know what they are talking about. (So the list number [below] will keep growing.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home